Chapters of WAVES
The WAVES can open Chapters, which may be formed in any State or Town of India, provided there are at least 20 members of WAVES desirous of associating with it. A chapter shall have a President, a Secretary, a Treasurer and four Members elected by members forming that unit. The term of office shall be three years. President of a Chapter shall be an ex-officio member (with voting rights) of the Governing Council of the Association. The membership dues of the members associated with a Chapter shall be payable in full to the Central office. For organizing an activity, a Chapter can request for Funds, or may, with the permission from the Governing Council, raise special funds. All residual funds should be transferred to the Central account of the WAVES after the activity is over.
Current Chapters :
"Presently WAVES has Five Chapters, that are located at Lucknow, Bangalore, Jodhpur, Vindhya and Haridwar". Each Chapter is free to develop and conduct academic activities in its geographical limits and also contributes to the activities of the National Body.
WAVES Tarun-Tarang (Youth Wing) :
Formed in July, 2014; on 8th April, 2017 Tarun-Tarang got reconstituted. President: Dr. Vijay Shankar Dwivedi; Vice President : Dr. Umesh Kumar Singh; Secretary: Mr. Prem Deoli; Treasurer: Mr. Vikas Sharma; PRO: Ms. Suruchi Sharma; Members: Dr. Virma Sharma, Dr. Supriya Sanju, Dr. Kalpana Sharma; Ms. Preeti Verma and Dr. Vishvajeet Vidyalankar.
Presidents of the Current Chapters:
- Prof. Sheela Misra, Statistics Department, University of Lucknow, email@example.com, [Lucknow Chapter]
- Prof. C.L. Prabhakar, Former Professor of Sanskrit, Bangalore, Karnakata, firstname.lastname@example.org, [Bangalore Chapter]
- Prof. Ram Gopal, Former Professor of Chemistry, JNV University, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, email@example.com, [Jodhpur Chapter]
- Dr. Y. P. Tiwari, Reader in Hindi, PG Govt. College, Shahdol, MP, firstname.lastname@example.org, [Vindhya Chapter]
- Prof. Pratibha Shukla, Secretary, email@example.com, [Haridwar Chapter]
- Dr. Vijay Shankar Dwivedi, Assistant Professor, Department of Sanskrit, Faculty of Arts, University of Delhi, firstname.lastname@example.org, [Tarun-Tarang (Youth Wing)]